Over the weekend on Saturday October 17 at approximately 1:48 am, police responded to a report of a gas leak inside a residence with five parties located unresponsive.
Surrey Fire Department and BC Ambulance Service also attended and provided aid to the parties including the use of narcan.
The Surrey Fire Department, BC Ambulance Service, and the Surrey RCMP responded quickly and their efforts revived and then transported the people involved to the local hospital for further treatment.
During the course of the investigation it was determined that there was no gas leak but all of the parties had consumed drugs and one by one they all overdosed.
At the time of attendance, no drugs were located so it is not known what was consumed but as British Columbia Ambulance Service paramedics had to use upwards of 4 doses of narcan on each party, it is believed to be a highly concentrated batch.
Via a media release the Surrey RCMP say these types of drugs are an increased risk to those who chose to consume.
The Surrey RCMP would like to remind the general public not to use any sort of non-prescription drugs but if they chose to that the following safety recommendations should be followed: -Do not use drugs alone -Be careful as to how much you use -Always ensure that you have a narcan kit -If you or someone else is thought to be overdosing please call 911 immediately for medical assistance.