London Drugs is hosting a Recycling Roundup event this Saturday, May 12 at its Surrey locations. The event encourages Surrey residents to responsibly recycle old household goods at the end of their usable life, reducing the amount of waste going to the landfill.
“It is a great opportunity for spring cleaning. Residents can bring a variety of unwanted items for recycling rather than throwing them away,” says Tammy Pearce, Store Manager at the Cloverdale London Drugs location. “Together with the help of Surrey residents, we can divert thousands of pounds of materials from the landfill through this event.”
The Surrey London Drugs locations recently celebrated a 94.4 per cent waste diversion rate through their own diligent in-store recycling strategies.
Residents are invited to drop off any of the following items at the London Drugs located at London Station (10348 King George Highway), Cloverdale (17685 64th Avenue) and Morgan Crossing (15850 26th Avenue) London Drugs in Surrey on Saturday, May 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Electronic (TVs, VCRs, printers, computers, monitors, etc)
• Electrical items, tools, hair appliances
• Small appliances (large appliances not accepted)
• Non-food related Styrofoam
• Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries
• Alkaline Batteries
• Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
• Disposable cameras
• Metal film canisters
• Ink jet cartridges and laser cartridges
• Plastic bags
The Recycling Roundup is the first event of the London Drugs Recycling Tour. Stores across Western Canada will be hosting events throughout April, May and June. A full schedule of events can be found at https://greendeal.ca/green-events