Vegetarian Recipe by Sunrise Soya Foods
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu sliced
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Slice tofu lengthwise into half inch slices. Place in a dish with pesto and oil, cover, refrigerate for eight hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F). In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat.
- Dip each piece into beaten eggs, then into seasoned bread crumbs. Carefully place tofu slices in the hot pan and pan fry both sides until golden brown on both sides.
- Add half a cup of tomato sauce to a 9-inch baking dish. Place tofu slices evenly over sauce, slightly overlapping if needed. Top with remaining tomato sauce, then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with green salad and a slice of whole wheat garlic toast.
MORE Food ARTICLES
He is a chef for life and it reflects in his joy for food and all his work.
A passionate foodie since his early days, chef Ranveer Brar believes God lives in food!
This Masterchef India (Season 4) co-judge is a professional food stylist and a television show host with successful food shows, namely, Breakfast Xpress, Snack Attack, Homemade, Thank God It's Friday, Health Bhi Taste Bhi and a travel series, The Great Indian Rasoi.
Chef Brar has also represented India at the World Pastry Forum (WPF).
With over 15 years of experience in the food industry and over 10 years as executive and corporate chef across India and the USA, chef Ranveer has been recognized for his contribution to various cuisines by institutions such as The American Institute of Wine & Food (AIWF), Academy for International Culinary Art's (AICA) and James Beard House
When I was younger my grandma would bring me a Fudgsicle when she would pick me up from school during the summer.