• 4 bunches spinach (Palak) washed & finely chopped
• Paneer cut into cubes
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 medium onions cut into small pieces
• 1 1/2 tablespoons dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons red chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder (powdered cumin seeds)
• 10 cashews
• 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
• 2 tomatoes cut into cubes
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/2 cup curds
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• black pepper
Heat a little butter and fry palak until it shrinks.Allow to cool.Grind to a smooth paste. Grind cashews and poppy seeds together to a smooth paste.
Fry all the spices in a little ghee and then powder. Heat rest of the butter with a little oil and fry onions till crisp and golden. Add dhania powder, jeera powder(cumin powder), chilli powder and then tomatoes. Stir for a minute. Add whipped curds.
Cook on reduced flame till oil floats on top. Add salt, sugar, ground palak leaves, turmeric powder and cook for a few minutes.
Mix cashew-poppy paste and pour in just enough water required for the gravy. Cook on medium flame till gravy becomes thick. Add paneer pieces. Remove from heat.
Sprinkle garam masala powder.Serve hot with finely cut onions and lime.