• 20 small heirloom cherry tomatoes
• 2 large English cucumbers
• 150 g soft malai paneer (cottage cheese)
• ½ tsp chaat masala
• ½ tsp Madras curry powder
• ¼ tsp hot chili powder
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 doz bamboo skewers
• Wash cherry tomatoes and remove the tops gently with a small paring knife. • Scoop out tomato pulp and seeds and put aside.
• Wash, then using a knife or mandolin slice the cucumber, lengthwise approximately 1/8 inch of thickness.
• Roll the cucumbers slices like sushi rolls, leaving the middle hollow. Use skewers to hold the cucumber rolls in place.
• In a small bowl, crumble soft paneer, chaat masala, curry powder, chili powder, and lemon along with left-over tomato pulps and seeds.
• Whisk and blend the paneer mixture until it’s a smooth paste (like soft cream cheese).
• Using a small piping bag, fill the tomatoes and cucumber rolls with the paneer paste and cover with tomato tops, or any garnish.
• Drizzle with olive oil, roasted cumin seeds, salt and pepper before serving.