This delightful kebab recipe features grilled lamb chops marinated with raw papaya, garlic, ground chilli, fennel and cream. Chef Prasad's lamb is remarkably barbecued or grilled in a tandoor oven. You can buy chaat masala from Indian grocery stores or online.
- 1/2 star anise
- 2 tbsp of fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp of malt vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 racks of lamb
- 1 tbsp of papaya
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of double cream
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 lemon
- Start the lamb kebab with the spices. Dry-grind the fennel seeds and star anise, then transfer it to an airtight container. You only need ½ teaspoonful of this mixture later.
- Mix together the malt vinegar, chilli powder, paprika powder, and salt. Then add the chops, mix well and set to one side.
- In a blender, add grated raw papaya, peeled garlic, green chilli, and vegetable oil and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl add the double cream, ½ teaspoon of the ground fennel seed, and star anise powder and mix well.
- Add the pre-marinated lamb chops to the bowl and mix together well. Marinate for three to four hours before cooking.
- To cook, thread a skewer through the lamb chops and grill in a medium hot tandoor or over a barbecue (no need for the skewer) for about four minutes, then turn over and grill for a further three minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon juice.