40 minutes | 10 pieces
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup chopped beets
- 1 cup gram flour
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- Canola oil for frying
- In a saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil. Add the beets to the saucepan and cook for about 20 minutes or until the beets are tender. Remove from heat and let the beets and water cool.
- Place the cooled beets and water from the saucepan into a blender. Add half a cup of cold water to the blender and puree.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the gram flour, coriander, egg, salt, garlic puree, and pureed beet mixture.
- In a small pot, heat oil over medium to high heat. Place the waffle iron into the pot to heat for one minute.
- Holding the handle of the waffle iron, dip the iron into the batter, ensuring it does not go above the edges. Hold it in the pot of oil for about 30-50 seconds or until the batter is cooked.
- If the rosette is detached from the waffle iron, remove it and place on a paper towel–lined tray to absorb the excess oil. If it did not detach, remove the rosette by gently prying it off with the tip of a knife and place on the tray.