IDS (Interior Design Show) Vancouver, the West Coast’s premier design show, promises must-see and -do events for Vancouverites of all ages. In addition to the 200+ exhibitors, IDS boasts thought-provoking installations, unique shopping opportunities, and world-class speakers that will inspire, educate, and entertain visitors.
1. Nab a limited-edition tote. To commemorate the 15th anniversary of IDS, the first 750 visitors through the doors to the Opening Night Party will receive a limited edition tote -- a special collaboration between two iconic Vancouver brands, Bensen and Herschel Supply Co.
2. Get design tips from the greats. LA design duo Design, Bitches takes to the main stage on Saturday, September 26 from 1 - 2 pm. On Sunday, September 27, Canadian design icon Lynda Reeves chats with Vancouver celebrity designer Kelly Deck at 1 pm, and House and Home editor Emma Reddington at 3 pm.
3. Entertain (and educate) the kids. Kids aged 8 to 12 and 10 to 14 can take part in two separate half-day workshops. Led by Petite Architect founder Maia Tarassoff, the workshops offer kids the opportunity to dip their toes into the worlds of architecture and design, giving parents and caregivers time to check out the design show floor. Workshops run September 26 and 27, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm.
4. Talk food. On Saturday, September 26, from 3 - 4 pm, hear Great Canadian Baking Show judge Bruno Feldeisen discuss the future of food with local business phenom Zach Berman from The Juice Truck and New York-based product and food designer Amanda Huynh.
5. Deck your walls. In addition to the many artists exhibiting their work at the show, art collectors will have the unique opportunity to purchase UK artist Emily Forgot’s one-of-a-kind colourful art pieces, with 50% of proceeds going to local charity, Out in School.
6. Find that perfect “find”. The District is IDS Vancouver’s popular shopping destination, showcasing fresh collections and design-forward pieces from local and international makers.
7. Pop into Poketo. Visit a special pop-up store by coveted L.A.-based lifestyle brand Poketo, which sells a wide variety of design-forward homewares, stationery, and accessories.
8. Get Hygge with it. Check out the latest in Danish design at The Apartment, featuring a collection of furniture, lighting, and interior objects inspired by the quintessential Danish home.
9. Take a load off. And be sure to sit back and relax in the not-to-be-missed Central bar area, designed to invite conversation about Vancouver’s home demolition and construction practises.
IDS will be open to the public Thursday, September 26, 7 - 11 pm (19+) for the Opening Night Party; and Saturday, September 28, 10 am - 6 pm and Sunday, September 29, 10 am - 5 pm. Friday, September 27 is open to trades only. Tickets can be purchased here.
Join DARPAN Magazine community on socialmedia!