Saturday, September 19, 2020
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Salman Khan And Sonakshi Sinha's Dabangg 3 Is 60 Per Cent Complete: Arbaaz Khan

    Salman Khan's much-hyped upcoming comedy action drama Dabangg 3 is already 60 per cent complete.

     

    Salman Khan And Sonakshi Sinha's Dabangg 3 Is 60 Per Cent Complete: Arbaaz Khan

    Want To Do More Hindi Films: Priya Prakash Varrier

    Actress Priya Prakash Varrier, who will soon make her Bollywood debut with "Sridevi Bungalow", has said that she is keen to do more Hindi films in the future.

    Want To Do More Hindi Films: Priya Prakash Varrier

    Amitabh Bachchan Takes A Sly Dig At Icc Boundary Rule After England World Cup Win

    Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan is the latest to join the list of people criticising the International Cricket Council (ICC) for the "boundary rule" which helped England win their first men's World Cup.

    Amitabh Bachchan Takes A Sly Dig At Icc Boundary Rule After England World Cup Win

    Katrina Oozes Oomph In White Swimsuit On 36th B'day - SEE PICS

    Bollywood beauty Katrina Kaif, who turned 36 on Tuesday, is living it up on the beaches of Mexico.

    Katrina Oozes Oomph In White Swimsuit On 36th B'day - SEE PICS

    Dharmendra Joins Trolling Party Against Hema Malini’s Clumsy Attempt At Sweeping Floors: ‘Anari Lag Rahi Thi’

    Hema Malini's husband veteran actor Dharmendra Deol is the latest to join the troll army against her over her attempt at sweeping in Parliament premises on Saturday as part of a cleanliness drive.

    Dharmendra Joins Trolling Party Against Hema Malini’s Clumsy Attempt At Sweeping Floors: ‘Anari Lag Rahi Thi’

    Nawab Shah: Wanted To Marry Pooja Batra Right After Our First Meeting

    A day after Pooja Batra confirmed she's married to Nawab Shah in an interview with Bombay Times, the Bhaag Milkha Bhaag actor spoke to Times Of India and said that he wanted to 'marry Pooja after their first meeting.' 

    Nawab Shah: Wanted To Marry Pooja Batra Right After Our First Meeting